Healthy Food Africa Project (Imarika)_Livelihoods Project
U Tena is working with APHRC in the implementation of the Healthy Food Africa Project in Viwandani. The role of U-Tena is promoting urban farming activities in the community including training and supporting community members on urban farming to ensure spread and sustainability of the project. This is done through a series of activities, including:
- Setting up a model demonstration farm in the community that serves both training and food production purposes
- Mobilizing, recruit and train 100 community members on urban farming.
- Assisting trained community members in setting up their farms, monitor progress and provide support supervision.
- Monitor the implementation of their farming activities
- Providing the project team with periodic reports on the progress of urban farming activities in the community including at the demonstration farm and individual farms.
- Fostering partnerships with change agents and other relevant stakeholders to ensure sustainability of the Healthy Food Africa Project activities
- Identify areas of synergy and complementary activities with other COGs for establishing a community of practice