U-Tena is currently accepting applications for a 6-week unpaid summer internship in Nairobi, Kenya. To apply, please click the link below, and email a completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 2012, U-Tena has been hosting four to five summer interns to take part in a wide array of projects and participate hands-on alongside our many mentors, beneficiaries, and community partners. Our 2019 interns visited the HIV clinic, PrEP meeting, Teen Moms program orientation, Department of Health meetings, and many other related events.
Aside from participating in the organization's events, interns are also expected to assist U-Tena with projects such as working on the website, editing documentaries, and filming videos for social media outreach. Aside from these sorts of projects, interns should be prepared to work on grant-writing projects, as well as search for more funding sources for the programs.
Lastly, cultural exchange is an essential part of the internship process. Interns will learn much about the culture and communities within Kenya, and are also expected to share elements of their own culture as well.
- Interns should currently be enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program in an accredited university. *In the past, U-Tena has been partnering with Brown University and hosting students exclusively from this university. However, we are now expanding our programs to accept students from any accredited university globally.*
- Interns should be at least 18 years of age.
- Interns should be familiar with our partner organizations, such as GlobeMed.
- Interns are responsible for providing their own funding for the trip (they may ask their university for funding) as well as funding for their own room and board, though U-Tena will be happy to assist in finding a safe and close location for housing.
- GPA minimum of 3.0
- Ability to handle foreign living situations, and sometimes strenuous conditions
- Interns should have strong leadership skills, initiative, positive attitude, and flexibility with projects.
- You are earning a degree in a related field (e.j Public Health, International Relations, Computer Science, pre-med, etc.)
- You have a background in media production or social media outreach.